Testimonials for Town & Country Travel in Thousand Oaks, CA
We, had a wonderful time on our India trip. The highlights:
1. Maharaja Express
• Although the ride was bumpy and noisy (most of the time), we did not have a problem falling asleep – probably because we are sound sleepers.
• Did a nice job of providing a variety of experiences – boat ride on Lake Pichola and lunch at the City Palace; Tuk Tuk ride, cocktails, puppet show and dinner near the Umaid Bhawan Palace; elephant rides and lunch at City Palace; camel carts, cocktails and barbecue in the desert on the Sand Dunes; Champagne breakfast gazing at the Taj Mahal!
• Each day when we exited the train, there was a beautiful cultural display – red carpet; drums and music; performers in colorful costumes; flower petals tossed in the air; a floral necklace, colorful scarf or beads for us; and a colorful dot between our brows:
• Did a great job with historical facts; however, did not provide much information regarding current life in India – cost of living, current issues, etc. We visited a local school which was informative and enjoyable.
• A lot to keep up with regarding guides, drivers, porters, who was A&K and who was not. Preference would have been to have tipping included in cost of trip – as much as possible.
4. What to Pack
• Shoe Covers & Dust Masks – We appreciate the Maharaja Express providing these when needed – a few less things to have to pack.
• Flash Lights – came in handy several times – to include a short power failure early in the morning.
Sincere thanks and appreciation to Cindy and Town & Country Travel for a wonderful experience, that will remain with us always.
Paulette Change, Chicago IL